WELCOME TO OUR LIFE

A HOMESTEADING & HOMESCHOOLING FAMILY LIVING AND LEARNING IN GRACE
.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beginning Reading

 
This is little Miss A.  

She is four almost five, and she wants to learn how to read.

I have been reading a lot to her out loud and she has been MEMORIZING the books I have read!

I was astounded at her recall of words such as "unusual" and "concentrate."  She does have a pretty good vocabulary. :)

We have also been listening to audio books.  One of her favorites is "The Chronicles of Narnia."

I have tried working on vowel and consonant sounds with her, but she doesn't quite get it yet.  

She can't seem to figure out how the sounds go together to form words.  Yet she can remember almost an entire book verbatim!

My kids will never cease to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're busy learning and homesteading, but we love to meet new people. So please, if you stop by, say hi! :)