WELCOME TO OUR LIFE

A HOMESTEADING & HOMESCHOOLING FAMILY LIVING AND LEARNING IN GRACE
.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Duck, duck, duck...

 When we first brought them home....

 And now a month later!

Ducks grow so fast!  We are having so much fun learning as we go.  The ducks are the kids' responsibility and they are loving it.  Every morning they wake up and go say hi to the girls. :)  We bought the ducks in hopes that we had some females and would get eggs.  At least one will be a girl so far, the others are kind of hard to tell yet.  
I have fallen for the ducks too.  In the morning when I get my husband's coffee ready, they start talking to me begging me to let them out of their duck run.  (We converted a dog run into a run for the ducks so when we aren't home they are still safe but are able to forage in the grass.)  And then they happily chirp their way around the entire yard as they busily scrounge for bugs.  I love having my land (less than a quarter of an acre) be productive!

We are novice urban homesteaders, but we are enjoying the journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're busy learning and homesteading, but we love to meet new people. So please, if you stop by, say hi! :)